[Important Notice]

Dear applicants,

We regret to inform you that TLScontact will no longer be accepting visa applications on behalf of the Hungarian missions in China.

  • Visa Application Centres in Changsha, Guangzhou, Fuzhou, Jinan, Hangzhou, Kunming, Nanjing, Shenzhen, Shenyang, Wuhan and Xi’an will be closing on the 10th of August.
  • Visa Application Centres in Beijing and Shanghai will be closing on the 15th of August.

Receipt of the postal applications has been discontinued. If you have already registered online to apply by post and have paid your fees, please send your application to TLScontact Visa Application Centre as soon as possible.

We advise you to contact the Embassy or Consulates of Hungary in Shanghai and Chongqing in order to receive guidance on where you can lodge your visa application after the closing dates.

All applicants who are currently expecting their passport to be returned from the diplomatic missions will have a possibility to pick up the passport at the TLScontact Visa Application Centres until the 15th of September. If you have purchased courier return service, your passport will be shipped to you.


Short stay-Tourism

Type of visa requested:Short stay Schengen visa (Stay in the Schengen area less than 90 days)

Purpose of travel: Tourist visit

Please note that the Embassy or General Consulate of Hungary in China may in justified individual cases, request additional documents during the examination of an application which are not mentioned in the harmonized list below. The applicant is hereby informed that submitting the below-mentioned documents does not guarantee automatic issuance of a visa.

All documents must be printed single-sided on an A4 paper (original bank statements can be on any size of paper, but the copy must be on a A4 paper).

Short stay Schengen application form, original

1. Language: The form must be filled out in English preferably with blue ink pen.

2. Signature:

As it appears in the passport.

The Schengen application form has to be signed by the applicant at three places: columns no. 36 & 37 on page 3 incl. indication of time and place; column ‘I am aware that the visa fee is not refunded if the visa is refused’ on page 3; last column on page 4.

For applicants under 18 years of age, the application form must be signed at least by one of the parents or legal guardian. DO NOT sign the name of the underage applicant. The age is calculated upon the date of submission.

Short stay Schengen application form, original

applies to Kunming and Xi’an centres only

1. Language: The form must be filled out in English preferably with blue ink pen.

2. Please sign and indicate the time and place in columns No.36&No.37 on page 3 and the last column on page 4.

For applicants under 18 years old (the age is calculated upon the date of submission): The application form must be signed by both parents or the legal guardian.

Attention: Do not sign the name of the underage applicant. Please indicate your relationship in English (father, mother, etc.) next to the signature.

One recent identity photo

Size 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm, color photo with white background, taken within 6 months, forward-looking without any head-coverings.

Have a compliant photograph taken directly at the Visa Application Centre! For more information, please click here.                                                                      

Travel Medical Insurance

The insurance shall meet the Schengen criteria and shall cover at least the whole period of the trip.

For the requirements of the Travel Medical Insurance, please go here.

Travel itinerary A short explanation of the travel program stating dates and destination city/cities.
Flight reservation Round-trip reservation.
Proof of accommodation The accommodation shall cover the whole stay in the Schengen zone.
For employed applicants 

1. A sealed copy of the business license of the employing company; 

2. A letter from the employer (in English, or in Chinese with an English translation) on official company paper with stamp, signature, date and clearly mentioning:
(i) address, telephone and fax numbers of the employing company
(ii) the name and position in the employing company of the countersigning officer
(iii) the name of the applicant, position, salary and years of service
(iv) approval for leave or absence

For retired applicants

Proof of pension or other regular income

For unemployed applicants

1. If married:

a. letter of employment and income of the spouse

b.  notary certificate of marriage, legalized by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs.

2.  If single/divorced/widow/widower: Any other proof of regular income.

For foreign applicants

Chinese residence permit (Copy and Original)

A foreign applicant must hold a residence permit with a period of validity of no less than 6 months or a permanent residence card. The residence permit shall be valid for at least 3 months after the return of applicant to China.

Student card and original letter of the school The letter shall mention:
- full address, telephone number of the school
- permission for absence
- name and function of the person giving the permission.
Proof of solvency

Bank statement of the applicant covering the last three months before the submission of the visa application (except credit card record), original or any other proof of regular income.

For applicants who are minors (under the age of 18 years)

1. Public notary certificate of family relation or proof of guardianship, legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

2. In case the minor travelling alone or with one parent:

Notary certificate of permission to travel from both parents or legal guardians, legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and when not in China, attested by the relevant authorities in the parents’/legal guardians’ country of residence.

Passport, original

A national private passport or other official travel document, which should be issued less than 10 years ago.

Passports of applicants who are minors and under 10 years old can, but do not need to be signed. Applicants above 10 years old (10 years old included) have to sign on passports by themselves. Applicants above 18 years old (18 years old included) must sign their own name as well. Parents or legal guardian(s) are NOT allowed to sign on minors’ passports.

Please refer to this section for more information.

Passport, copy

Copy of the first (identity information) page, the last (signature) page of the passport and the visa pages containing visas from Schengen country, United Kingdom, United States of America, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

ID Card, copy (Apply to Chinese applicant who submit in Kunming and Xi’an application center only).

Required for 2 sides of a valid ID Card.

Hukou (for Chinese nationals) Copies of the whole hukou including the holder pages and all member information pages.

Letter of authorization for visa application/passport return, original

Mandatory if you choose to submit your application by a representative. Please click here to download the template.


1. The signature on the letter of authorization needs to be the same as the one in the applicant’s passport and Visa application form. The form has to be filled out completely. No correction is allowed on the form.

2. The letter can’t be sharable and each applicant has to present the original.

3. Minor applicant under the age of 18: The letter of authorization must be signed by one parent or a legal guardian. Please DO NOT sign the name of underage applicant.

The submission date of the application is the reference date to judge, if the applicant is 18 years old.

The authorization is not required, if parents submit the application for their minor-aged children. However, they should provide evidence proving the family relation (such as hukou etc.).

Representative ID Card or passport, original

Mandatory if you choose to submit your application by a representative.
Representative ID Card or passport, copy Mandatory if you choose to submit your application by a representative.